Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Jim Delany is a Clown

Finally, I have some time to do a post. I have been busy with working my regular job at Lone Star Steakhouse in Dundee, and coaching church league softball.

One of the hot issues going on is the discussion of playoffs in college football (insert Jim Mora remark here). This has been a big discussion at the Big Ten Spring Meetings. While I myself have made my beliefs loud and clear toward my hatred of the BCS and would LOVE a playoff, the words and actions of Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delaney do not help the B1G's cause.

In an article on Yahoo! Sports by Dan Wetzel, the Big Ten's love affair for the Rose Bowl is brought to light. How crazy is the Big Ten about playing in Pasadena? Crazy enough that it seems to be the only reason that will keep Big Ten teams from playing for a national championship. Crazy enough that by keeping the Rose Bowl ties, the "dirty" conference in the south still is able to reap the benefits of dominance.

For more about Delaney's exploits, listen to Mike Valenti rant about them here.

In the end, the only way that the B1G will get to a level of dominance without playing dirty is to let go of the Rose Bowl. Better yet, get rid of Delany. To quote Valenti, "Jim Delany is a boob."

No comments:

Post a Comment