Thursday, April 5, 2012

Blowing At The Worst Possible Time


7:39- I’m a 4 loko and 2 beers deep.  For the record I chugged the 4 loko in 22.2 seconds.  And yes, I have photographic evidence.  Its depressing that it took me 1 second less to chug a 4 loko than it did to run the 200M dash back in high school 


7:43- After a nice pass from Miller, Abdelkader couldn’t find the handle.  Nice play/idea, but it was doomed from the start.

7:43- Rack City is playing at JLA.  Is there a worse possible “song” than this?  I know this doesn’t pertain to the Wings game, but I mean come on. 

7:44- Random note:  Brodeur started playing the same year I was born.  For those who don’t know, that was 1991. 

7:48- Ericson breaks up a 2-1; I almost shit myself in amazement

7:49- Datsyuk hits the post and I scream in anger.  Mickey says Pavel could “undress you in a phone booth.”  I ponder the ways that this could be possible since I haven’t seen a phone booth since I was 9. 

7:51- I answer my door and am greeted by someone trying to collect bottles/cans for some charity.  After informing her that my empties support my gambling habit I am met with a look of disapproval. 

7:53- Howard makes a big save, but New Jersey hammers home the rebound.  I’m pissed and happy I’m alone. 

8:01- Lidstrom takes a penalty, 2 minutes for hooking.  Howard makes a big save on the PP and the wings are able to kill the penalty.

8:08- They show Ken Daniels daughter on TV since it’s her 16th birthday.  Her boyfriend looked like he was going to do horrible things to her after the game. 

8:12- The first period ends with the Wings trailing 1-0.  Detroit is currently being outshot 11-6 and generally looks like shit.  Hopefully they can turn it up a notch or 5 over the next 40 minutes since both Nashville and Chicago are playing dumpster-fires of teams. 

8:29- I shotgun another beer with my roommate Kellen.  I beat him like things that I cannot say. 

8:38- Holmstrom buries a PP goal.  In celebration I begin to shotgun a beer.  Hudler had a filthy setup, and Holmstrom found the empty net.  We’re tied at 1-1. 

8:47- The Wings have definitely had their chances, they jus t need to bury them.  I sound like any person on a golf course.  As I was typing this Filppula had a great move but Brodeur made a great glove save. 
9:00- A period with a lot of back and forth action, there hasn’t really been any chances.  Abdelkader came back from being shaken up earlier in the period. 

9:03- The Red Wings and Devils are tied 1-1 after 40 minutes of play.  The wings are currently outshooting the Devils 20-15.  I really hope something interesting happens in Detroit’s favor because I am currently bored. 

9:11- I shotgun another beer with my roommate.  It took some persuading because he had yet to get the sand out of his lady parts.  As with the first one, I stomped him like an angry Suh against the Packers. 

9:21- The third period is underway.  Here’s to hoping that the Wings get a goal or two and pull away from the Devils. 

9:29- An apple/mint mixture is giving me the strongest buzz I’ve had in awhile, as we’re still tied.  I really wish this game was more eventful, but my heart is thanking me after the Valverde blown save earlier. 

9:32- Nashville is still tied 0-0 with Dallas, giving the Wings the change to take a 3 point lead if Detroit can hold on. 

9:38- Sykora scores for the Devils.  It’s currently 2-1 NJ and my blood pressure is boiling. 

9:40- Stuart goes to the box, 2 minutes for hooking. 

9:45- The Wings manage to kill the Stuart penalty.  We have just over 5 minutes left in the 3rd with the Wings trailing 2-1.  My mind and my liver hope the Wings can come back. 

9:47- I go into my first profanity laced tirade as Ericson turns it over attempting to make a play that he should not have.  My roommates are clearly shaken. 

9:50- Franzen had a decent chance, but Brodeur made a good save to keep up the 1 goal lead. 

9:51- The Wings take a timeout.  I can only imagine what Babcock is saying, but I’m assuming its motivating and would make the average person want to jump in front of traffic. 

9:53- The Wings lose to the Devils at home for the first time since 1996.  Mother Fucker.  I’m pissed and my fridge is about to be empty.

To sum this game up, it was a pathetic showing by the Wings.  This game, as well as the last game Saturday, determine whether or not they get home ice advantage versus the neighborhood watch sign.  My only hope for the night is Nashville chokes more than a sorority girl with daddy issues at a frat party, and blow the game against Dallas.  Most likely Detroit will head into the last game of the season trailing Nashville for 4th place by 1 point.  Chicago is up on Minnesota, meaning they will trail Detroit by 1 point for the 6th seed in the last game of the season.  If Detroit loses I’m still comfortable with them matching up against Los Angeles, but would still like them to open the second season against Nashville on the road to save them the travel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment