Thursday, April 5, 2012

With the 23rd Pick of the 2012 NFL Draft...

...The Detroit Lions select:


I don't have the slightest idea who they will select. I used the above picture to distract you from the fact that nobody knows what Martin Mayhew is going to do. Raise your hand if you had the Lions selecting Nick Fairley in the first round last year.

I'm noticing a surprising lack of hands. I could over analyze the possibilities until I can't think anymore, but there's a good chance that I'm still going to be wrong.

Go ahead, mock my Photoshop skills. It'd be well deserved


I remember watching the draft last year, screaming at my TV as soon as the Lions were on the clock. And why was I screaming? BECAUSE I WANTED PRINCE AMUKAMARA. I'm not bitter. In fact, as long as Fairley doesn't spend as much time smoking the herb as Charles Rogers, I think he's going to be one hell of a player. I have no idea who the Lions first round draft pick could end up being, but I'll give you a list of seven players to keep your eyes on:

1. Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, ROLL TIDE
2. Whitney Mercilus, DE, That school where Zooker used to coach
3. Jonathan Martin, OT, Andrew Luck's Alma Mater
4. Janoris Jenkins, CB, Northern ROLL TIDE
5. Stephon Gilmore, CB, USC (Not the cheating one. Well, not the one that obviously cheats)
6. Mike Adams, OT, O-H, I-O, State.
7. Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College (If he takes a nose-dive down draft boards like my GPA senior year of college)

1 comment: