Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wings vs. Blues Recap


Well, a win is a win right? With a remarkable comeback in the 3rd period Detroit was able to win in St. Louis tonight, taking a crucial two points, and a one-point lead over Nashville for 4th place. Instead of giving a list of all the highs and lows, I’m going to focus on a few key moments in each game.  This will hopefully provide more in-depth coverage, as well as some material you may not see elsewhere.  Before we cover all of the warm and fuzzy highlights, there were a few moments in this game where I literally was seconds away from either a heart attack or throwing my roommate through my TV.  I’m going to start a Blood Pressure Index (BPI) rating how I felt at a couple various moments throughout the game.  You’ll either laugh with me or learn something, either way it’s a win-win. 
  • ·     110/60- Calm
  • ·     120/80- on edge
  • ·     130/90- agitated
  • ·     140/95- angry
  • ·     145/100- furious
  • ·     150/100+ - stay away from me

I’d like to start by posing a question: how many goals has Kronwall kicked in this year?  And when I say kicked in, I mean his own net.  After that incident early on, my roommates vacated my room as I swore in anger, while praising Jimmy. 
BPI- 140/95

I’m going to skip to way later in the game, after Reaves gothis game misconduct/major for the hit in which he swung his arms like Cabrera with 2 men on in the bottom of the ninth. How do the Wings manage to give up a goal while on the PP, let alone abreakaway.  This was just the cherry on the icing of the cake for a dumpster-fire of a night for Kindl.  If any of you follow my twitter (@Ryan_M_Pro), you could see I was a little upset.  BPI-150/100+

A few hours ago in the prediction, I said Datsyuk and Hudler would have a big night, but hey, I’ll take .500.  Datsyuk is not a human being.  Those two passes to set up Franzen were insane.  On a side note, Franzen needs to start his annual, oh hey I should start scoring on a more regular basis modes if the Wings want to go deep in the playoffs. He had two goals tonight, and a few chances in overtime, but it will definitely help the Wings in the long run if teams have to worry about a motivated Franzen as well.  After the second goal to tie it up, I knew Detroit was going to pull it off. Howard was a beast in net, stopping 27 shots in regulation/overtime and 3 more shots in the shootout.  Without Howard’s stellar play, the Wings would have lost this game 6-2.  It definitely wasn’t pretty, but if there is a team that can pull off a game like this, it’s the Wings. 

LGRW 

No comments:

Post a Comment