Monday, April 9, 2012

The Impact of Trey Burke's Decision

By now you have probably heard the news; Trey Burke released a statement today saying that he will to return to Michigan.


"Over the past few weeks, I have spent a lot of time thinking and praying about my future -- not just about next year but many years down the road," Burke said. "After gathering information, I am excited to be continuing my education at Michigan as we look to accomplish even more in our 2012-13 season."


"I have so much more to develop as both a student and athlete, and there is no better place to do that than here at Michigan. I love my Michigan family and am really excited about playing with my teammates and our incoming freshmen. I want to thank my parents, my teammates and my coaches for the patience and guidance they gave me since this process began a few weeks ago.”


Burke's decision obviously means the Wolverines should still be near the top of the Big Ten. Many outlets have them ranked in the top ten heading into next season. However, doing so will be a tall order. The Wolverines will play in the 2012 NIT Season Tip-Off, with possible opponents including Pittsburgh and Virginia. They will also play in the inaugural Brooklyn Winter Hoops Festival at the new Barclays Center against West Virginia, host a game in the B1G-ACC Challenge (opponent will be announced in the summer), host Arkansas, and play at Bradley.


In the end, Burke's return means the Wolverines will be locked and loaded for another run at the Big Ten Title.

No comments:

Post a Comment